Newall Electronics now offers direct linear encoder replacements for Trak sensors or glass scales on mills with ProtoTrak controls. The SHG linear encoders feature the renowned maintenance free rel...
RDW-PV Draw Wire Encoder
Newall’s RDW-PV linear cable encoder provides linear position in a rugged, easy-to-install package. Simply connect the cable to your moving member of the machine and secure the base to a fixed object (or vice versa).
The retractable cable is made of nylon coated stainless steel for ultimate strength, durability and long life. The RDW-PV’s compact profile and ability to operate in harsh environments makes it a perfect solution for a variety of industrial applications.
- IP66 environmental rating. Ideal for wet, dirty, or even outdoor environments
- Simple and adaptable installation
- Linear guide way is not required
- Measuring range up to 125” (3175mm)
- Linear resolution to 0.0005”(0.01mm)
- Zero backlash coupling between integrated incremental encoder and drum
Encoder for Spindle Axis of Boring Mill
Enclosure: Anodized aluminum and glass filled polycarbonate
Enclosure rating: IP66
Measuring Range: 0- 125" (0 to 3175mm)
Maximum Velocity: 80" (2M) per sec.
Measuring Cable Tension: 24.8 ± 30% oz
Rotational Sensitivity: 12” ± .020 in/rev
Maximum Retraction Acceleration: 10 G
Weight: Approximately 3.3 lbs (max)
Supply Voltage: 5-28 VDC available